Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Wood Water Reflection

 I saw this wood pile in the sunlight the other day.  The next day it rained and the pile was reflected in a huge puddle that formed.  It was strikingly beautiful.  Visually it was luminous and reflective but also had themes of the natural world, human effort and the reflection seemed to elevate the dignity of the physical labor of chopping wood.    I did a watercolor study and then this little oil study before I jumped into a bigger painting.

 I was completing this little oil study when these 3 wonderful people came by...and Windzy too!


 
Day 1: The next time it rained I started in on the bigger painting...Hot day that puddle wasn't going to stay around forever!

Here is the underpainting underway.

When Pat came by for a visit this deer surprised us! Windzy found a friend!

Day 2  Pat is always coming out to help me...great man...funny photo but here is the progress of the painting...the puddle is nearly gone.

Here is where I left the painting...I don't know if I will have a puddle next time ... I still have quite a bit of work to do..maybe another day or two...I will post the final painting when I get a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment