Sunday, February 11, 2018

"Ander's Stick Cantata"

A friend asked me for images of my painting "Ander's Stick Cantata" from 2013 so I thought I would just post them here...little blast from the past!


This photo is a little dark but this is the jist of the painting.  My neighbor "built" the stick pile...so beautiful.  I loved the potential energy of it... 60x40" oil on canvas
The wonderful poet Pat Moran helped me carry the painting out each day... we walked from our house down the block and then down the yard.  You can see the stick pile down by the river...It is super hot out but I am wearing my long clothes to prevent being bit up!
Detail...  Milwaukee Art Museum has the "Woodcutter" and even when I was painting abstractly I would go in and look at that painting and my heart would say to me ..."if only you could paint like that".  It is so gratifying to try.

Little tiny pre study I did about 6x8 inches and I did one post study...

No comments:

Post a Comment